DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - PROJECT 1


 DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND 

 IMAGING - PROJECT 1


05/10/2023- (Week 1- Week 5)

Tyra Franchesca Valerie Anthony (0368223)

Digital Photography and Imaging

Project 1 / Exercises


Lectures:

After briefing of the class, explaining us if we have used photoshop before and if we have already installed because I already have the app and also explain about the exercises we will be doing for this week. 


W1: TUTORIAL – Students responsibilities, assignments & assessment methods


1. Introduction to Google Classroom.
2. Introduction to Google Drive folder system.
3. Introduction to Collage
4. Prepare collage's design elements for Week 2 exercise.
5. Past students collage works: https://fauziyusoff.com/dpicollage


W1: PRACTICAL 
- Introduction to Google Drive and Online Portfolio 
- Creating E-Portfolio

1. Create your E-Portfolio blog.
Example: https://averyongxuanting.blogspot.com/search/label/Digital%20Photography%20and%20Imaging

2. Register Pinterest, create board name as DPI. Save/ Pin your references there.


3. List down your 3 favourite graphic design composition work from Pinterest. Explain it on your E-portfolio blog, why do you like the designs?

As we can see that we were asked to do those three things in class and hand it in on the same day.


Design #1:


Description: The  text is utilized in a way that makes up for the other half of the bus. 

And I also like how the type is placed to form the shape of the school bus.




Design #2:



Description: This design I find it fascinating because it's like a piece of art itself I enjoy collage

myself I find it a really good way to express your emotions and feelings many people think that

college is just by sticking a piece of papers together and it create something

‘YES’ but most form it into an art like it is.




Design #3:





Description: For me I like going out exploring new things thinking outside of the box the learn

new things like for example the way they have made a simple waterfall into a water bottle how

creative it that, it got my attention from the moment I saw it. 


Week 2

LECTURE

INTRODUCTION TO COMPOSITION


1. Introduction to basic composition

2. Rules of Third

3. Golden Ratio

4. Composition Framing & Cropping 



These are my research for the elements that I understand. 


We have learned the basic elements and rules of Digital photography how everything works how and when to use, just to recap with us the basics. Have also show us the works of previous students that did the same and how they have use one of the elements and its Golden ratio. Because to create a good design we to make our audience focus on what we want them to focus on. 


TUTORIAL

We were shown videos how to do collage by using magazines and newspaper that we have find for my research my materials I went shops next to the school and also at Sunway pyramid. Also, at 7 eleven were I some newspaper. 

        









We took a class photo with our final physical collage we all did different styles and techniques. 


Fig 3.2-week 3 physical collage 

This was my final collage that we did in class by using pieces of newspaper and colored paper.


When we were doing our physical collage for me it was fun learn how to take old newspapers turn it into an art piece by finding the right compositions to get a great work that for me in my own eyes as a masterpiece even just by sticking photos and colored papers. 

FEEDBACK

Mr.Fauzi took a look at my three compositions, and he liked the first one which I also choose.

Week 3

Lecture: Introduction to photoshop 2

- Lasso Tool

- Pen tool 

- Layering 

 

Tutorial: Path, Masking and layering 

DEMO:
1. Blending Mode
. Paths. Masking. Layering.

PROJECT 1B: DIGITAL COLLAGE briefing 
https://youtu.be/BlW7F-fTsbE

Practical: Composition Collage 

Fig 3.1- Week 3 first composition 

Fig 3.2-week 3 composition 2 



Fig 3.3- week 3 composition 3

These were the examples of my digital collage where I had used the buildings and shapes also different composition.

- I personally enjoyed doing collage but digitally was my first time and I have enjoyed it by following the videos that Mr.Fauzi has given us that was really helpful even at first, I was having difficulties. 

  
Week 4
Lecture: Introduction to photoshop
- Adjustment layer
- Filters

Tutorial: Vital tools project 1

1. Match lighting. Adjustment layers, Filters.
2. Photoshop Pen Tool.

I have to the videos that Mr. Fauzi has given us to understand more how photoshop works and it is really interesting. 


Fig 4.1 composition color adjustment 

This is the final composition that I choose to use filter on, and it came out nice. 

Fig 4.2 color adjustment two
Feedback:
I showed Mr. Fauzi my three compositions that I did, and I went with this one and arranged the filters on and came out good. 

Week 5: Basic Photography
1. Digital Photography 
2. Intro to lighting and types
3. Lighting Do’s & Don’ts

We were given videos tutorials for us to follow while doing my exercise that it was on the we use the three basic tools above.

Fig 5.1 week 5 hearst maisan 
by using shazam photo that we have use the quick selection tool to place in the mansion photo.


This my progress when I was finishing the work, have to also create the shadows on the water to show reflection looking like ripples.



 
         These are the references the Mr.Fauzi send us in the google classroom for us to use.


Fig 5.2 Week 5 hearst mansion exercise 2

We also took a photo of us and put it inside like we did with shazam but this time it is ourselves.


Week 6
Poster design 

Introduction

The principles of design are the rules a designer must follow to create an effective and attractive composition.

The fundamental principles of design are: Emphasis, Balance and Alignment, Contrast, Repetition, Proportion, Movement and White Space.

There also 7 principles of poster design

1. Emphasis
2. Balance/alignments
3.Contrast
4. repetition
5.Proportion
6. White Space

We were given tutorials videos for to some ideas about poster design as in the videos explains.

These two photos was for me to do exercise one and two by recoloring instead of leaving them black and white as they are.

Fig 6.1-week 6 Recoloring


This was the way I have transform the man by putting colors on him and to be honest I like it like that the way I have changed it to color. 


Fig 6.2-week 6 recoloring 

 

Fig 6.3 Week 6



Fig 6.4-week 6 Screenshot recoloring 



Fig 6.5-week 6 Final recoloring black and white

 

 

Fig 6.6-week 6 pdf 



Week 7
Double Exposure and Blending Mode 

What Is Double Exposure Photography?

Double exposure photography refers to merging multiple images. The goal is to make them surreal, emotional, or humorous. They usually feature silhouettes.

Double exposure effect may look complicated at first. But it’s easy to make in-camera and in Adobe Photoshop. You don’t need a double exposure camera, as there are a few other ways youcan create them.

In the editing world, you have endless possibilities. You can transform ordinary photographs into powerful masterpieces.

- Using tilt shift effect

- Create fake reflections

- Experiment with texture

-Convert black/white

- Silhouette

- Pick random photo

By using photoshop blending mode

 

Fig 7.1 week 7 recreate the same work.

Fig 7.1

Fig 7.3

Fig 7.4

These where the photos that used to create my double exposure by using the same technique but for my own, I want to do in only her hair making like she is thinking or dreaming.




Fig 7.5 week 7 my version of double exposure

FEEDBACK

The composition itself is alright especially the way I made where my focal point was in the hair but Mr.Fauzi tells me that I need to add my own photo like for the previous exercise I can also play around with my compassion with the hair.

It is a good idea I have to make more understanding.







Fig 7.6-week 8 final outcome self-double exposure the way I was imagine
the place where am currently in.


Week 9 lecture
Digital surrealism

  • Realism Versus Surrealism
  • Image manipulation using Digital Photography

 

PROJECT 2: POSTER DESIGN & DIGITAL IMAGING

PROJECT 2B: CONCEPTUAL PRODUCT PHOTOSHOOT (30%)
Timeframe: WEEK 9 - WEEK 11

CATEGORY: CONCEPTUAL PRODUCT PHOTOSHOOT

RESEARCH: 10 marks (WEEK 9)
SHOOTING TECHNIQUES: 5 marks
LIGHTING TECHNIQUES: 5 marks
EDITING & POST PRODUCTION: 10 marks (WEEK 10)


1. Create a conceptual product photoshoot using various lighting techniques.
2. Find an interesting subject and shoot it using suitable lighting techniques.
3. Create a photo manipulation of the subject using Photoshop to make it interesting.
4. Explain the concept and the process of the development.

Example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Ip7GrdyAIC3O8rE3TD9vuk9ywXjQ9Gm/view?usp=sharing 

Update your Project 2B work in progress into E-Portfolio

This is the PDF of my work that we have to submit.


Fig 9.1- Week 9 my sample of the product 


Fig 9.2 Week 9 second sample of product

Fig 9.3 week 9 be hide the scene of the product sample in my room by using the sunlight coming form out the window.



In the process of transforming the product and merging than together 





Fig 9.4 week 9 my final double exposure.




W10 LECTURE: INTRO TO AFTER EFFECTS

INTRO TO AFTER EFFECTS

- Basic understanding on how to link Adobe Photoshop layers into After Effects.
- Understanding the compositing concept from still images to moving images.

TUTORIAL: INTERFACE, LAYER & TOOLS

1. AFTER EFFECT LIVE DEMO during Tutorial class.

2. Advanced keyframes (attachment video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qluLUmzPAJE&authuser=0

AFTER EFFECTS EXERCISE

We have followed the exercise that Mr. fauzi has given us and create our own animation by following his or on another wedsite example YouTube.
in the process of making the animation



Fig 10.1-week 10 example of animation
example of the animation of the photo for after effect

Fig 10.2-week 10 animation video












 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TYPOGRAPHY 1- EXERCISES

ADVANCE TYPOGRAPHY

Illustration & Visual Narrative Task 1