DESIGN PRINCIPLES TASK 3: DESIGN


 03.03.2024 - 28.03.2024 Week 2 - Week 7
Tyra Franchesca Valerie Anthony / 0368223 / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Design Principals / Taylor's University
TASK 3: Design

INSTRUCTIONS




These are the instructions for Task 3 the design part where we take the artist and artwork we have chosen and create our own design can be digital and also free hand it depends on which one we would like to do, and also final create a final from the data collection that we have collect to start our designing process.

LECTURES

After analyzing task 2 or the artworks the I have chosen I need to start developing my ideas and put them down for example sketches, layouts, and my concept that am coming with applying the knowledge of the design principles in my creation, we are also allowed to use different type of medium if we want to but a suitable material that we are able to use for our final.

After creating our final alongside with a reflection of our and ideas where and how we got it from the inspiration be hide it all from where it started from till the finish product.



DETAILS
Name of Artist: Jenna Wellein
Artwork: Rising 
Year: Unknown
Size: Unknown


MOOD BOARD


This mood board was inspired by Artist Vincent van Gogh one of his artworks the starry night, I got most inspired by the flow in the sky in the painting were in follows with the ideas of turtles being used as food where they are being hunted and killed to be sale.  As brainstorming.

SKETCHES

These are the first sketches of my idea that am picturing on the cruelty of the sea turtles, the way the am putting it is the broken shell of the turtle the shattered pieces of the home with pollution and crash that is being thrown in the sea. 

Was focusing on the shell of the turtle the patterns on each square of the patterns on their back the pain of being hurt and killed.





"The Broken Shell"

I am chattered 
Cannot fix my broken shell
My wounds crack piece by piece
As the last light shines
On my broken shell. 

PROGRESS 



These are my ideas for my developing to my final was testing different medium watercolor, colored pencil and also black ink pen that am also fascinated by that makes the turtle itself pop out I didn't finish the other half I wanted to see how it would look it, the sea turtle with the broken shell trying reach the sore to go home. 

VISUAL REFERENCE


The visuals above are the way I got inspired but with a broken shell by the small, hatched sea turtles finding their way home with difficulty but at the end it is all worth waiting for. 


This will be the line I will going with for my final this one with the unfinished sea turtle finding his way home with a broken shell, with cross hatching technique to give effects of shadows and movement on the turtle and shell also follow along with repetitions on the turtle.

PROGRESS


From where it started by focusing on the turtle itself and doing different medium to find the right one and that is the black and white which makes it more powerful and strong on its own.

DIGITTAL



Want also to try in digital also so see how it would look in black and white also incorporate gray with see how it looks.


As this is the final compilation of my way of passing the message of a broken shell the little sea turtle finding it way home by carrying a chattered shell home.

REFLECTIONS

EXPERIENCE

Experimenting with a different medium was definitely enjoyable for me like for this part task 3 more designing and drawing throughout all the tasks are alright from the beginning of the module was wanting to do something new and that is free hand design with the UNSDG goals with i enjoy ocean and life under water which made choose 14.

OBSERVATIONS 

This module and class also my lecturer made all my class flow and easy to understand even if he had to go through the prosses the explain to make sure that we understand and on the same track which for me was clear as also explaining him the topic and the direction that i was going and chose to do was very supportive through the seven weeks we had that was also fun in the design and principles class all three of my lectures where very helpful and in the instructions that they have given us was straight to the point that i don't thing would be confusing at all.

FINDINGS

As for my final outcome i didn't want to do digital i went with free hand drawing my final and also sketching it's been a while since i have drawn something, but it was still here just a little boost that gave me the motivation to do more, and the research was fun all the task was fun and enjoyable. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TYPOGRAPHY 1- EXERCISES

ADVANCE TYPOGRAPHY

Illustration & Visual Narrative Task 1